The studio is located in Vecriga (Old Riga) in the basement where Kaspars owns an art supply store. Nestled amongst quaint shops in old buildings, Pendants - as it is called, is painted in his unmistakable style, setting it apart. Using a medium with which I had little experience, painting a subject that I found less than inspiring, I began to paint. Stil life didn't seem to do much for me. However, as the night progressed, my thinking began to change, and it became quite enjoyable. The painting began to actually take on the likeness of the still life. Exciting!
The highlight of the evening, not only came from creating on canvas, but creating with God. He is the One opening the doors and building bridges of relationship, and He simply asks me (us) to co-operate and work with Him. When I do, things begin to happen...life gets exciting! He's up to things here in Riga, and my job is to find out what it is and join in.
Our conversations revolved around lighting, technique, value, etc. However, mingled amongst the 'shop talk' or rather, 'studio talk', the topics shifted. Curious as to what brought me to Latvija, questions began to come. 'What are you doing here in Riga?', 'Where did you learn to speak Russian?' 'How long are you planning to stay in Latvija?', etc. My answers led to more questions. Questions are good, very good! They lead us to answers...eventually!
It's all about relationship...God is all about relationship! The door is open and the opportunity there to connect with Kaspars and the two others Margarite and Nicholas who are in the studio. Three lovely people with whom I will spend the next weeks until our projects are complete. I hope I can 'translate' well.
This Thursday (12 Sept) is my second time in the studio...
1 comment:
OK I'm a bit slow. I've just realised how cool it is that you are taking painting lessons from Kaspars!!! Oil? Acrylic? Do we get photos of your work? It's really amazing, anyway! And great-looking studio! Love the blog,
Selena.
Post a Comment