Monday, February 4, 2008

January - A Month of Conferences


It was right from the Holiday Season to a month of preparation for and participating in several conferences...

10 - 12 January was Mission Days - A mission's conference sponsored by various churches and mission organisations in Latvija. Youth With A Mission created and ran a Cafe for the event with various interesting foods from around the world, and led worship, as well as taught in various seminars. I was involved with the Cafe and taught a seminar on Missions.


21 - 24 January a University of the Nations (YWAM's university) held a workshop here in Latvija. Connecting with other YWAMers throughout the Northern European Region, worshipping and praying together, and hearing about and discussing our direction as a region, was exciting. It was great to participate.


25 - 26 January was a National Staff Gathering. YWAM staff from the three locations in Latvija came together to pray, seek God about who will serve on the National Leadership Team, and be ministered to through teaching and coaching by Mariette Louw from South Africa. It was a rich time, and key for re-structuring ourselves after the sudden death of our national leader in mid-December.


With February upon us, I hope to get back into more of a routine...Latvijan lessons, time in the art studio, regular staff meetings, prayer, and worship, preparing for summer outreaches and hosting teams, etc.

2 comments:

Has said...

This is fantastic. Although I must say, I get tired just reading about it all. I hope you somehow feel refreshed despite your busy schedule. Did you get some shots of the art cafe? I'd love to see them online!
Love Selena

Has said...

btw, great new look for blog!
S.