Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Prayer Trip Updates...and More to Come

Sveiki!

Prayer Trips, outreaches, hosting outreach teams, defining vision - personal and corporate as YWAM Riga have all been a part of this season since the last blog update. You can read about some of these in the following blog entries about Ruba and Balvi.

From the 10th to the 14th of April, a small team of us will travel to Norway for a Missions Conference at a local church. We will share about missions opportunities here in Latvija, as well as serve the church by leading their youth meeting, speaking on Sunday morning, and leading worship at various times throughout the conference.

Putting 'feet to the vision' with the arts ministry has gained momentum. Beginning 18 April, I will restart "Art Night". Art Night is simply opening my apartment and providing materials and an atmosphere for people to come and create or share what they have created in the areas of visual arts and music. Of course, tea and some type of food is compulsory. Who can create without tea, biscuits, chocolate, or fruit? This serves as an excellent platform for discipleship, encouragement, and as a place where vision, ideas, and strategies develop to build the Kingdom of God through the arts. This will be a monthly event to begin, but I'd like to see it develop into a weekly event.

Language, Language, Language...
I found a Latvijan teacher, so lessons are up and running...and my Latvijan is progressing once again. Also, there have been some opportunities that have opened for me to teach English. In many ways, teaching English has helped me to develop my understanding of my 'mother tongue'. If I had only paid more attention to English grammar when I was in school...

There is much more coming, with which I am involved, as summer is soon approaching...outreach teams, children's art camp, art evangelism projects, more prayer projects, concerts, a kayak/art camp along Latvija's longest river - Gauja, and involvement in teaching and training.

1 comment:

Steinar Bruvoll said...

We look forward to read about your trip to Norway.
Greetings from Inger & Steinar Bruvoll, Tromso.